What is NLP – some clarification…?
1) NLP is the study of excellence – what knowledge, skills, attitudes and actions are evidenced by those who have achieved success in a specific area. NLP involves thinking strategically; consider the following strategic thinking competencies:
- systems perspective – consideration of relationships, context and quality rather than objects, objective and quantity
- intent focused – knowing your outcome and not being distracted from that outcome
- thinking in time – holding past, present, and future in mind when making decisions
- hypothesis driven – scientific method incorporating both creative and critical thinking
- intelligent opportunism – being responsive to good opportunities